LEARN. PREPARE. FLY.
Aerial video multicopters, or “drones” with video cameras attached, give us the ability to capture amazing views that are not possible any other way. However, getting started in RC aerial photography can be a daunting task! Have no fear, you’ve come to the right place! We will teach you everything you need to know! Whether you’re just getting into the game or are a seasoned professional, there is much to be learned. I am teaching the total accumulation of all the knowledge I’ve gained working full time in this profession for years. You need to know more than how to fly a remote-controlled multirotor to be successful in this industry; you need the ability to pull off cinematic shots that will impress the client. You need to know how to fix your helicopter or replace parts. You need to know how to run a business. No longer do you need to search through forum after forum for information. These tutorials and more are all here in one place! Learn from these lessons in my flight school and become a member today!
Professional Drone Pilot
About the Instructor
Chris Newman is a passionate professional remote controlled aerial videographer/photographer. Seven years in film and cinematography helped as a foundation in his aerial career. His passion and drive leads to amazing, dynamic, and cinematic shots. Equipped with technical ability, he designs and maintains his own helicopters that can heft cameras up to the Red Epic. A sampling of his clients include: Subaru, Ford, Mazda, Bear Naked Granola, Devin Super Tramp, Bass Pro Shops, Corridor Digital, Mountain Dew, Monster Energy, Goal Zero, and Contour Camera. He has also recently filmed the aerials for a Robert Duvall Feature Film and for IMAX in Haiti.
- 1.1 Intro / Safety
- 1.2 Anatomy of a Drone
- 1.3 What Drone Should I Buy?
- 1.3.5 Beginner Drone options, Setup and Operation
- 1.4 Camera Drone Unboxing / Setup
- 1.5 DJI Flight Simulator
- 1.5.2 How to Fly - Flight Training and Drills
- 1.6 Intelligent Flight Modes
- 1.7 Best Camera Settings
- 1.7.5 Exposure Tutorial - Daylight and Lowlight
- 1.8 "Secret Sauce" Smooth Camera Settings
- 1.9 Advanced Photo Modes
- 1.10- Best Apps to use with Your Drone
- 1.11 How to Travel with your Drone/Create a Media Pass
- 1.12 Flight Log - Download - Update coming soon!
- 1.13 DJI App Auto Update Tip!
- 1.14 Maintenance - How to Deep Cycle DJI Smart Batteries (Important!)
- 1.15 Getting Started Quiz
- 1.1 Drone Composition / Framing
- 1.2 Drone Focal Length
- 1.3 The Effects of Aperture, Shutter speed and ISO
- 1.4 CAMERA SETTINGS EXPLAINED
- 1.5 Drone Shot Coverage
- 1.6.5 Panoramic photography Tutorial with DJI Phantom & Inspire
- 1.7 Tips for flying in Wind
- 1.8 Tips for Flying On a Boat
- 1.9 Choosing your Camera Operator for Dual Operator Setup (Inspire)
- 1.10 Top 5 Camera Operator Transmitter Settings
- 1.11 Cinematography Additional Resources
- 1.12 DRONE VR Camera Control Tutorial
- 1.13 Cinematic Moves Quiz
- Drone Hyperlapse Tutorial
- Photography: 360 Pano
- 2.1 Top 11 Cinematic Shots (PDF)
- 2.2 How to Achieve Cinematic Camera Movements
- 2.3 Static Moving
- 2.4 180 Wrap Around
- 2.5 360 Wrap Around
- 2.6 Birds Eye View
- 2.7 Chicken Shot
- 2.8 Closeup & Pull Away
- 2.9 Drone Jib.
- 2.10 Followed Shot
- 2.11 Forward Tilt down
- 2.12 Shooting the Gap
- 2.13 Tilt up Reveal
- 2.14 Twist 'n Shout
- 2.1 CineChopper's Work!
- 3.1 Editing Software -Adobe Premiere VS Final Cut X
- 3.2 Final Cut X Overview w/ Taco Hornbaker
- 3.3 Adobe Premiere student discount!
- 3.4 - Editing - Premiere Pro - Getting Started
- 3.5 CineChopper Iceland Reel Practice Footage Download
- 3.6 Editing - Premiere Pro- How to Shorten Music
- 3.7 Editing - Premiere Pro - Editing to Music like a PRO
- 3.8 Editing - Premiere Pro - How to Export Videos in High Quality
- 3.9 Editing - How to Make an Amazing Demo Reel! (Most important!)
- 3.10 Editing - Premiere Pro- How to Color Correct and Make Looks
- 3.11 Nick Sales Drone Color Correction Look Tutorial
- 3.12 Editing - Premiere How to use a LUT in Premiere PRO CC
- 3.13 Editing Premiere Pro -How to perform a Time Remap
- 3.14 - Editing -Premiere - How to post stabilize using Warp Stabilizer
- 3.15 How to Conform a high frame frame rate on a clip for Slow Motion.
- 3.16 How to Post Zoom in Premiere Pro
- 3.17 Premiere Pro Smooth Zoom Transitions (Full time Film Maker Tutorial)
- 3.18- Before and After Fix, Rolling Shutter (Jello) with Mercalli V4! :)
- 3.19 Drone Music Resources ( Make a video update? Youtube?)
- 3.20- Build a Custom PC Computer to Meet Your 4K Editing Needs